A carbon footprint measures the total greenhouse gas emissions caused directly and indirectly by a person, organisation, event or product.
This Carbon Trust guide explains the different types of carbon footprints, how you can measure and communicate them and the benefits of doing so. We also set out some of the key things you need to consider.
- Introduction to carbon footprinting
- Organisational carbon footprints
- Why calculate your organisational carbon footprint?
- Carbon Trust Footprinting services
- The Carbon Trust Standard
- How to calculate an organisational carbon footprint
- Scope 2 reporting guidance
- Setting a science-based carbon reduction target
- Communicating your organisational carbon footprint
- Product carbon footprint
- Why calculate your product carbon footprint?
- How to assess your product carbon footprint
- Communicating your product carbon footprint